Monday, June 11, 2012

Berry Good Time

Over the weekend, I went to one of my dear friends home and had a jam session, a jam-jamboree, a jamtastic time.  We made jam (check out Laci's blog for a little bit more information http://purelace.wordpress.com/. ) Lots of jam (like over 200 containers of various sizes).  It was so much fun. 

I went out early Saturday morning and picked 17 pounds of berries (they were little berries so I did a lot of pickin').  Spent a work days worth of time with some really amazing women making memories and jam.  My kids and the hubs were thrilled with the results.  Me too, but something was missing.

This morning I got to thinking that maybe, just maybe we needed more berries in our lives.  So we headed out to our favorite lambing farm (which doubles as a berry patch) http://www.govinsfarm.com/, to have the children pick some berries to make something with. 

We had a berry good time.  When I picked the 17 pounds mentioned above, I did it all on my own, which I felt was the best way to do required amounts of picking.  Today was about just getting the children out in the field and picking and tasting and breathing in the country.  It was great.  Just what we all needed.  It was the missing link.  A breath of strawberry air. 

Here are a couple of pictures I was able to take of my two and one daycare friend.

Enjoying the hayride to the berry patch


Pickin'



Tasting




Prize worthy




Heading back




The End!




No comments:

Post a Comment